May 4, 2007

KitchenAid Aid

I just want to share something that made me smile from head to toe.

An acquaintance of my sister- someone who I have never met- was reading my blog and came accross the section in which I describe myself stroking my KitchenAid mixer, worrying about whether or not I would be able to keep it.

This incredibly sweet and generous woman offered to give me her KitchenAid mixer!

This was a very touching gesture. It also exemplifies to me how Jews can support each other.

Shabbat Shalom.

Postscript: I asked and it turns out I can kasher my old mixer and keep it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This incredibly sweet and generous woman offered to give me her KitchenAid mixer!

Just as long as your readers understand that it's sitting in its box taking up space in storage. It's not like I'm giving up something I would miss in my kitchen.

I'm very happy to have sent the smile in any case.

cwexl said...

You did make me smile. You do know you can get decent $ for the mixer on E-bay? They retail for between $250 - $300 and I am assuming if you don't use it, it's "as good as new"- so it's a very generous offer.

Unknown said...

Also, visit your local kitchen goods store to buy duplicate bowls and attachments, in case you want a meat set and a dairy set. Shavuot cheesecake season is almost here, after all :)

Juggling Frogs said...

@jabbett: Cheesecake is just up her alley! Kosher Newbie/cwexl took a cheesecake COURSE at the CIA!

She's coming to our neck of the woods for Shavuot, so maybe I'll get a hands-on tutorial. (hint, hint)